· National Coordinator for Anti Doping Campaign in Sports & one of the Founder Members of Clean Sports India 2010. Crusader fighting against “Doping in Sports” since 1998
PRESS REPORTER:DEEPAK SHARMA 'KULUVI'
MEMORIAL LECTURE & SHRI RAJIV GANDHI AWARD – 2012
For Peace & Social Development
LATE SHRI RAJIV GANDHI
20th August, 1944 – 21st May, 1991 (Former Prime Minister of India)
Deputy Chairman Hall, Constitution Club, Rafi Marg, New Delhi
Monday, 21st May, 2012, At 9:00 AM Onwards
On the occasion of the 21st death anniversary of the former Prime Minister Shri Rajiv Gandhi (Bharat Ratna) the MOMIN CONGRESS in Association With the INDIAN INSTITUTE OF HUMAN STUDIES and SAFA TIMES an event was organized at Constitution club on 21 May 2012 morning to remember the man of dynamic personality, the man who put India in the line of developed country of world, the man who gave the rays of hope to poor and downtrodden people.
On this occasion Momin Congress presented Rajiv Gandhi Award – 2012, for Peace and Social Development. The award was presented for commendable performance in the field of Peace & Social Development as the measure of achievement for creating awareness and assistance in raising the empowerment of the society by Dr. K. Rahman Khan (Former deputy Chairman – Rajya Sabha).
The Awardees who were honored on the occasion were –
1. Shri Oscar Fernandez (MP and Gen. Secretary AICC),
2. Shri JP. Aggarwal – (President DPCC)
3. Shri Malik Manan (MP Jharkhand)
4. Smt. Sunita Godara (Asian Marathon Champion-Gold Medalist 1992 (Health & Welfare missionary)
5. Smt. Kiran Chopra, President Varishth Nagrik Kesari Club
6. Dr. Durulabh Somua (MLA – Naogaon, Assam)
Sunita Godara – Member Governing Council INCAS
SUNITA GODARA - Profile
Former Asian Marathon Champion - Health & Welfare Missionary
As an eminent international athlete marathoner of repute Sunita Godara has completed 76 Full marathons (42.2km) till date and won 25 Golds, 12 Silvers & 13 Bronzes across the globe in 26 countries and a total of 120,000 Kms covered in training. Her more than 200 int’l Races include 123 Half Marathons (21km) in her Marathon running carrier till date.
She has won international marathons in Asia in Bangkok, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia and Japan. In 1992 won the 3rd Asian Marathon Championship Gold. She started her International carrier by running the 1985 Boston Marathon and London Marathon twice in 1990 & 1992.
She secured position among top ten overall women in Las Vegas, Polland, Belgrade, Italy, Paris marathon and Australia Melbourne Marathon (5th Position), Holland Marathon 3rd Position in 1993.
· Presently Coordinator for Elite Indian National Marathoners from all over India for National and International Marathons in India & abroad.
· Olympic Torch Bearer/Escort Runner at the Atlanta Olympics 1996.
· Sports Awards – Bhim Award 1994 from Haryana Govt,
· Life time sports Achievement Award 2010 from Women Int’l Networking
· Sports Achiever Award 2012 from Jaipur Marathon organization.
· Women Achiever’s Award 2012 in the field of Sports from Inner Wheel Club of Delhi & NCR.
· Organizes Mass Awareness Runs / Fitness Clinics to promote grass route level running & promoting Healthy life style.
· Mass event on various Social issues with the support of UN agencies, PSUs & Govt Deptt of Ministries.
· Operating Stree Shakti Kendra for Urban Slums Covering Vocational Training, Heath, Education, Life Skill Education and Legal aspects of Women Empowerment.
· Taekwondo Martial Art & Self Defense for children & Women
· SS Dance Academy - This cultural activity is to channelize the youth energy and promote underprivileged special Children and give them exposure in the main stream.
· Member Consultative Committee on Prohibition and Prevention of Drug Abuse of Directorate of Prohibition, Govt of NCT Of Delhi.
· Governing Council member of Indian Center for Alcohol Studies (INCAS).