Baisakhi Dhamaka Cultural Eve & Run
- Festival of Baisakhi was celebrated with various activities in Delhi by Thakurdwara Trust.
- On 7th April Morning the President of Thakurdwara Trust Mr Virender Singh Jouhar received a Role Model Award for “Active & Healthy Ageing” World Health Day event organized by Health Fitness Trust & AIIMS Deptt of Geriatric Medicine in collaboration with Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and the World Health Organization for working towards the welfare of the underprivileged in the society.
- In the evening a Cultural evening was organized by Thakurdwara Trust at Deshraj Campus Auditorium. Performers came from Patiala, Rajasthan. The show was followed by a dinner. Shri KTS Tulsi, Sr Advocate, Supreme Court was the Chief Guest and Dr Bhurelal presided over the function. The Arya school orphan age children witnessed the program and the Health Fitness Trust Dance troupe from the slum community of Govindpuri Kalkaji performed two items. The special children dace was appriciiated by one and all.
- On 8th April 2012 (6:45 AM) a Baisakhi Dhamaka Run was organized to celebrate Baisakhi Festival by Thakurdwara Trust in association with Health Fitness Trust to promote Healthy lifestyle at Lodi Garden.
- Many Runners Clubs & Associations such as Ghaziabad Road Runners & Mayur Vihar Runners Magic Bus and Runners 365 joining hands with Health Fitness trust. They are actively involved in grass root level Running promotion and working hand in hand in all Races around Delhi & NCR.
- On 8th April 2012..More than 350 Children/Youth & 50 elderly people from Delhi & NCR – Ghaziabad, Panipat, Haryana - Nangloi, Rohtak, Patiala, Muzaffarnagar participated in the event
2.5 & 5Km Race for the Runners from School, College & NGOs started at 6:45am.
Dr Bhurelal, Rtd IAS Chairman EPCA & Shri Virender Singh Jauhar, President Thakurdwara Trust flagged off the Race at 6:45 am in School Group, Open & Veteran category and also Kids Junior and Kids Senior Group. Prizes & Medals were given to top 5 winners in all groups with Participation Certificate & Refreshment for all.
Poster Competition was done with the Focus /Theme“Active ageing a great support & Bonding for Children”. School Children from Nangloi & Karol Bagh begged the prizes.
Free sampling products from Ranbaxy Revital, Volini Spray & Pep fiz packet were distributed to the participants.
- Thakurdwara Trust in association with Health Fitness Trust is working towards Sports for Development throughout the year.