“Save our Rivers”
Post Event Report
On 19th Feb 2012 at India Gate 210 Runners gathered early morning lead by the former Asian Marathon Champion Sunita Godara to render support to the “Save Yamuna” campaign in the National Indian Open Marathon wearing the message:
Bring Yamuna River Back To Delhi - Braj Vrindavan – Gokul
to observe the Theme: Save our Rivers
· Now they are going to spread the message and have become mobile Ambassadors through out the year.
Marathon Team comprising of 70 Top Indian Elite Marathon Runners from all over India and 60 HFT Marathon Club Runners including Veteran National Winners are going to spread the message – “Save our Rivers”.
In this campaign 70 National Runners were from various Deptt. (from Army, Police, BSF, Railways and 60 regular local runners from HFT Marathon club from Delhi /NCR) ran with the message for 21km and 42km Marathon distance.
There were 30 Runners who won the top 10 positions in different categories in the Marathon and emerged as prize winners in the open Men /Women and Veteran Men Women of Half & Full Marathon.
Health Fitness Trust “Stree Shakti Kendra” Center for community development also joined for the campaign with 50 women and 30 children in this Marathon.
Sunita Godara - 9811139985; 9213396634 email –firstname.lastname@example.org
AIMS and OBJECTIVES of the ongoing campaign:
· To bring Healthy Environment, Create Running Culture and healthy lifestyle. We need safe & clean Rivers for our planet’s health.
· About 8 crore people visit Braj Vrindavan & Gokul for religious pursuits and they are not able to take a sip of this religiously important River!
· We support the stand for bringing Back Rivers to its people, wildlife and Ecology. We would like to spread this message through out the country.
· We Campaign for Adequate natural fresh waters to flow through the entire stretch of Yamuna River. This shall dilute its uncontrolled pollution and bring back the original river back to its people, wildlife and ecology.
· To spread more awareness about the issue “ Save Rivers” and encourage them to do net surfing on the issues & Solutions of our Rivers including Yamuna and also SIGN Petition at....... www.SaveYamuna.org
· Our Campaign aims to help and make the difference!